- Installing and setting up Redis
- Reviewing the basics of data types
- Setting up persistence and replication
- Exploring strings and lists
- The hash data structure
- Securing a Redis instance
- Publishing and subscribing with Redis
Skill Level Beginner
- [Emmanuel] Have you ever heard about this mysterious database Redis, but never quite got around to learning what it offers or how it works? Are you curious about how you could set up and run a Redis server along with a node.js client? Do you want to learn the basic commands of Redis? If you've answered yes to any of the above questions, this course is for you. Trying to learn Redis can be a bit daunting, especially when you have no idea what all the terminology means and how to navigate the documentation on its site. Hi, I'm Manny Henri, and I've been working with backend solutions like Redis for a very long time and it is my great pleasure to help you learn about working with Redis while building client implementation using node and IR Redis.
First, we'll install Redis and go through an overview of all the basic tools it offers, such as the CLI tool, persistence, replication, and it's main configuration options. Then, we'll explore in depth all the data types available and both use them in the Redis CLI and implement them in our IR Redis client server. Finally we'll explore some advanced subjects such as security and the publish subscribe paradigm in Redis. So if you're ready to learn Redis while building a client with IR Redis, fire up your favorite editor and terminal and let's get started.