Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Viewing incoming messages from the candidate's perspective, part of Learning LinkedIn Recruiter.
- In this movie I want to take a look at what our candidates see when I send them an InMail message through Recruiter. So currently I'm logged in as Marcus Wellsville. This in one of the people that I contacted through an InMail from my Recruiter account. So I'm logged into Marcus's account and I can see what he sees when he receives that message. So, of course, up at the top there's a notification for a new Message. And if I just point on that it pops open and it gives me a little preview of this Message. So I could click on the Message here or I could go into the Messages screen and I can see that Message.
Now at the bottom of this Message there are three very important buttons. I can click on the first button that says Interested that means I'm interested in talking to this recruiter about whatever opportunities they may have. So I could click on Interested and then I could write my response and reply to them. If I hit the button that says Maybe later that will respond saying, "I'm not interested in talking now "but I might be interested at a later date." And then, of course, Not Interested means that I'm just not interested at all and I don't want to talk to them again.
So typically, the people that you contact using an InMail in Recruiter will respond with one of these three options or they might not respond at all. If they do not respond at all then you will not get your InMail credit back so hopefully they'll choose one of these options. But of course you just have to wait and see whether they do choose one of these options. So just for this example, I'm going to choose this option Maybe later so I'll click on that. And I could change this text or I could just use the default text that it puts in here and then I could hit Send.
So I'm just going to leave the default text, I'll hit Send, and so now this user has responded to the InMail. So now that this candidate has replied in some way I'm going to get one of my InMail credits back which I can use toward contacting other candidates in the future. So that's all we need to see here, everything else in this exchange from the candidate's perspective will take place through regular LinkedIn Messages. So it's like sending e-mail messages back and forth.
- Using Recruiter's powerful search features to find candidates
- Saving candidates to a project
- Contacting candidates and viewing message status
- Managing interested candidates
- Monitoring Recruiter stats