Join Oliver Schinkten for an in-depth discussion in this video Integrated search, part of Learning LinkedIn Recruiter (2017).
- [Instructor] Recently, LinkedIn incorporated a new feature within Recruiter, called Integrated Search. The new Integrated Search feature combines your search results and your projects together, helping you to stay more organized and efficient. Let's take a look at how it works. So from the recruiter homepage, I'm going to go ahead and search for potential candidates for a project manager position in the Santa Barbara area. I'll click in here to start a search, I'll type in project manager, and I'm going to select that title to do a guided search here.
I'll type in the location, which is the Santa Barbara area, and then I'm going to add in a skill of Microsoft Excel. Now, this is my search criteria, I'm going to go ahead and click on go. And from here, I can start looking for potential candidates. You'll see here the first candidate, I'm actually going to add them by clicking on Save to a project. Now, when I do this, I get this drop down menu of any projects that I've already created. This is a new project, however, so I'm going to click on plus, create new.
Now from here, I can name that. I'm going to name it Project Manager-SB1, and I'll click create new project. You'll notice that it's creating the project folder, the search results, and saving that candidate. From here, inside the project, is where we can begin to take advantage of the integrated search feature. When you save one or more candidates to a project, your search becomes part of the project as well. Now, within this project, notice a couple things.
First, up at the top, we have our talent pool. This shows your search results. Next to this, we have Pipeline, which shows the candidates that we have saved. And then next to that, we have Project details. This helps you to manage your searches, add files and links, and more. Now if I click back on talent pool, you'll see here that I'll scroll down, and we have different candidates here. I have the ability within the project to either save or to hide them. So if there's a candidate that I am not interested in, I can click here on hide and they will be hidden.
Note that when you hide a candidate within a specific project, they won't be hidden from other searches or other projects. They'll only be hidden in this specific project. Now at any time, you can click up at the top here where it says All hidden results, and it will bring you to anyone you have hidden and you have the ability to unhide them. So, with Integrated Search, as you work your way through the results looking for potential candidates, recruiter remembers your last search, what page of the search that you're on, and the details of the search history, which you can access in the upper-left corner.
So notice here that I have a tab that says Search history and alerts. If I click on this, it brings me to this search and will help me to start where I left off. The new Integrated Search feature in LinkedIn Recruiter will help you be more organized and efficient as it integrates your searches with your projects, allowing you to jump from project to project and remember where you left off.
- Using Recruiter's powerful search features to find candidates
- Adding candidates to a project
- Contacting candidates
- Managing interested candidates
- Posting jobs
- Monitoring Recruiter stats