Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video A guided tour: Buttons and controls, part of Learning the Canon Rebel SL1 (100D and Kiss X7).
- Let's start by taking a quick look…at some of the essential buttons…and controls on your camera.…Don't worry if you hear me use a term…that you aren't quite familiar with,…we'll explore most of these controls…in more detail later in the course.…The power switched is used every time…you want to turn your camera on or off.…It'll also switch the camera between photo and video modes.…The shutter button is what you…actually push to make a photo.…The mode dial will control…the way that your camera functions.…It's divided into two zones, basic and creative.…
On the top are two more significant items.…You'll find the ISO speed setting button…which is used to adjust the sensitivity…of your camera's sensor.…The main dial is used with several buttons…to control important options for the camera.…Let's go to the back of the camera.…Here you'll find the bulk of the camera controls.…We'll explore these in greater detail later.…Some of the most important controls are the live view button…which enables live view shooting.…Press the live view button when in photo mode…
Want to get up and running even faster? Check out the "Quick Start" chapter to learn how to use your 100D straight out of the box.
- Reviewing the lens controls
- Changing image format and size
- Adjusting ISO and exposure compensations
- Using Program Shift mode
- Exploring Autofocus
- Focusing manually
- Shooting in Continuous (burst) mode
- Switching between metering modes
- Shooting with flash
- Shooting video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Quick Start
2. A Closer Look
3. Shooting in Program Auto Exposure Mode
4. Exploring Autofocus
5. Understanding Shutter-Release Modes
6. Understanding Exposure Controls
7. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.