Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the self-timer, part of Up and Running with the Canon Rebel SL1 (100D and Kiss X7).
- Most people think of the self timer in their camera…as a way to get involved in the picture.…Now this works quite well because you can set the camera…on a flat surface, a tripod, a gorilla pod,…compose your shot, and then press the button and run around…and get into the photo yourself.…You can use the menus to really adjust the times,…so you don't have to run so fast.…Press the Quick Edit button, you'll notice near the bottom,…depending on your mode, that you can see the Drive mode…and the timer.…Use the cross keys or tap the screen,…now you could choose from different modes.…
For example, you'll notice this first timer mode here,…is a self timer or a 10 second remote.…Now when I press this,…(beeping)…The camera's going to take ten seconds, this gives me a lot…of time to run around, and then go get in the shot myself.…(accelerated beeping) The beep will speed…(camera clicks) up to cue me that it's about…to take the picture and it fires.…That works pretty well, but there are…some other methods that could come in handy.…
Want to get up and running even faster? Check out the "Quick Start" chapter to learn how to use your 100D straight out of the box.
- Reviewing the lens controls
- Changing image format and size
- Adjusting ISO and exposure compensations
- Using Program Shift mode
- Exploring Autofocus
- Focusing manually
- Shooting in Continuous (burst) mode
- Switching between metering modes
- Shooting with flash
- Shooting video
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Photography: Exposurewith Ben Long3h 24m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with DSLR Filmmakingwith Chad Perkins1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Quick Start
2. A Closer Look
3. Shooting in Program Auto Exposure Mode
4. Exploring Autofocus
5. Understanding Shutter-Release Modes
6. Understanding Exposure Controls
7. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.