Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using picture styles, ambience, and creative filters, part of Learning the Canon Rebel SL1 (100D and Kiss X7).
- When you're shooting a JPEG file,…your camera does a lot of work…the moments after you snap a picture.…The computer inside your camera…reads the raw data off the image sensor.…Then it applies a white balance setting,…sharpens the image, and compresses it…to a file that's written to your card.…With your camera's Picture Styles feature, you can modify…how the camera processes JPEG files even further.…For example, you can have the camera punch up…the colors in a photo, or adjust its contrast.…Picture Styles are available when you're shooting…in the Creative zone.…
Press the Quick Edit button, and choose…the image effect, and press Set.…You'll now see several Picture Styles to choose from.…You can also choose from user-defined presets.…Choose from one of these styles,…and press the Set key, and it will apply.…You'll now notice that the picture…on the LCD monitor will apply the Picture Style…when you take the photo.…Now, there are lots of styles to choose from.…Use the Auto style if you want the color and tone…to be adjusted automatically.…
Want to get up and running even faster? Check out the "Quick Start" chapter to learn how to use your 100D straight out of the box.
- Reviewing the lens controls
- Changing image format and size
- Adjusting ISO and exposure compensations
- Using Program Shift mode
- Exploring Autofocus
- Focusing manually
- Shooting in Continuous (burst) mode
- Switching between metering modes
- Shooting with flash
- Shooting video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Quick Start
2. A Closer Look
3. Shooting in Program Auto Exposure Mode
4. Exploring Autofocus
5. Understanding Shutter-Release Modes
6. Understanding Exposure Controls
7. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.