Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the LCD monitor and touch screen, part of Learning the Canon Rebel SL1 (100D and Kiss X7).
- On the back of the SL1 is a large LCD monitor.…You'll see it right here.…The good news is, is that this LCD monitor…can be viewed from just about any angle.…It's got a really wide field of view.…This LCD monitor serves really five purposes.…You can easily review images on the back of the LCD.…After you shoot a picture it's gonna immediately show you…that image back on the screen.…You can also browse through photos on your memory card…if you'd like to take a look at those too.…You can use the LCD monitor…as a live-view display additionally.…
This means that, as you're shooting,…you can easily see what's happening.…For example, maybe you have to step away…from the camera and interact with your subject…or you're shooting video where you use the LCD…or you wanna shoot and really hold…the camera in front of you, this makes it simple…to see what's going on.…The LCD monitor is also useful to see your cameras menus.…As we make changes in the camera,…we'll go through that menu system…and you'll see how that works.…You'll also find that you can change settings…
Want to get up and running even faster? Check out the "Quick Start" chapter to learn how to use your 100D straight out of the box.
- Reviewing the lens controls
- Changing image format and size
- Adjusting ISO and exposure compensations
- Using Program Shift mode
- Exploring Autofocus
- Focusing manually
- Shooting in Continuous (burst) mode
- Switching between metering modes
- Shooting with flash
- Shooting video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Quick Start
2. A Closer Look
3. Shooting in Program Auto Exposure Mode
4. Exploring Autofocus
5. Understanding Shutter-Release Modes
6. Understanding Exposure Controls
7. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.