- View Offline
Want to get up and running even faster? Check out the "Quick Start" chapter to learn how to use your 100D straight out of the box.
- Reviewing the lens controls
- Changing image format and size
- Adjusting ISO and exposure compensations
- Using Program Shift mode
- Exploring Autofocus
- Focusing manually
- Shooting in Continuous (burst) mode
- Switching between metering modes
- Shooting with flash
- Shooting video
Skill Level Beginner
- The Canon Rebel SL1, or EOS 100D, is billed as the world's smallest and lightest SLR camera. While a tiny package, it still offers a good sensor and speedy image processing. The camera is designed for those of you stepping up from smart phone shooting or a compact point and shoot camera. The goal is to really have a useful camera in a tiny package. Hi, my name's Rich Harrington. I'd like to welcome you to this course where we'll explore all of the essential controls so you can get up and running with the Canon SL1 camera.
It's important that you understand your gear if you want to make consistently good photos. Sure, you can put the camera in auto-mode and trust that you can get pretty good shots from a technical point of view, most of the time, but there are lots of shooting situations that can confuse a camera, such as mixed lighting, fast moving subjects and low overall lighting levels. Knowing how to adjust your camera helps you get the best results. In this course we'll explore the most critical features of your Canon SL1 camera. We'll get to know features that any beginning to intermediate shooter will really need to know.
And we'll talk about some of the different shooting modes offered by the camera, as well as how to shoot bracketed photos and video. Most importantly, you'll learn how to adjust essential camera settings and controls for specific shooting situations. Now, keep in mind this class is not a photography course. We won't be going deep into detail on theory or composition, you can find plenty of courses on that here in the Lynda.com library. What we will cover is a detailed look at the SL1 camera. This class will really help you use your camera and its many settings.
So, go get the camera and keep it close by so you can get hands on, as we explore its many features and controls.