Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Silent modes, part of Up and Running with the Canon Rebel SL1 (100D and Kiss X7).
- If you've ever been around a lot of cameras at once,…you may have noticed the sound of them clicking.…This could be distracting, or even downright annoying…particularly in certain circumstances…like maybe you're shooting a wedding ceremony…or you're in a quiet museum.…Fortunately, Canon offers two silent shutter release modes.…The silent single shooting release mode…is just like the normal single shooting mode.…It takes a single picture, except the mirror in the camera…doesn't click back into place…until you've released the shutter button.…
This is great because it gives you more control…over when the mirror closes and makes that click.…Additionally, the silent mode will take all of the beeps…and camera feedback sound and turn them off.…The silent continuous shooting release mode…will shoot up to three frames per second.…Overall camera noise is also generally reduced.…To switch to a silent shooting mode on the Rebel SL1,…press the quick edit button.…Then change the shooting method and press set.…Simply press the set button…
Want to get up and running even faster? Check out the "Quick Start" chapter to learn how to use your 100D straight out of the box.
- Reviewing the lens controls
- Changing image format and size
- Adjusting ISO and exposure compensations
- Using Program Shift mode
- Exploring Autofocus
- Focusing manually
- Shooting in Continuous (burst) mode
- Switching between metering modes
- Shooting with flash
- Shooting video
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Photography: Exposurewith Ben Long3h 24m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with DSLR Filmmakingwith Chad Perkins1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Quick Start
2. A Closer Look
3. Shooting in Program Auto Exposure Mode
4. Exploring Autofocus
5. Understanding Shutter-Release Modes
6. Understanding Exposure Controls
7. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.