Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Powering up, part of Up and Running with the Canon Rebel SL1 (100D and Kiss X7).
- View Offline
- To state the obvious, your camera…needs power in order to run.…Now, there are adapters that you…could plug into a camera to run off the wall,…but most of the time, you're going…to be using a rechargeable battery.…And it's a good idea to make sure that…that battery is fully charged before…you use your camera for the first time.…You'll want to do this with the…battery charger that comes with your camera.…Now it's pretty simple, you just take the battery,…slide in into place, and let that close.…And then you'll flip open the plugs…on the back, and plug that into the wall.…
If you're in a country that needs an adapter,…there are lots of adapters to easily…make this work with other standards.…While the battery is charging,…you'll see the charge lights light up.…And then when it's done, the full light will go solid.…Now, unlike older rechargeable batteries,…you don't have to drain these batteries…completely, before charging.…This means you can top then off before…you go on a long trip, and it's also a good idea…if you're going to be shooting a lot of video,…
Want to get up and running even faster? Check out the "Quick Start" chapter to learn how to use your 100D straight out of the box.
- Reviewing the lens controls
- Changing image format and size
- Adjusting ISO and exposure compensations
- Using Program Shift mode
- Exploring Autofocus
- Focusing manually
- Shooting in Continuous (burst) mode
- Switching between metering modes
- Shooting with flash
- Shooting video
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Photography: Exposurewith Ben Long3h 24m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with DSLR Filmmakingwith Chad Perkins1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Quick Start
2. A Closer Look
3. Shooting in Program Auto Exposure Mode
4. Exploring Autofocus
5. Understanding Shutter-Release Modes
6. Understanding Exposure Controls
7. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.