Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Playing back video, part of Up and Running with the Canon Rebel SL1 (100D and Kiss X7).
- Playing back movies is similar…to reviewing images on the camera.…Press the play button to see a list of thumbnails,…or photos and videos.…If you're zoomed out and looking at multiple thumbnails,…you'll see a sprocketed edge along the thumbnails side,…indicating that it's a video clip.…Tap the screen, or press the set button…to start the movie playing back.…To pause, press the set button again.…You'll notice at the bottom of the clip…several other choices.…These include the ability to playback in slow motion,…jump to the first or last frame,…as well as advance one frame forward or backwards.…
There's also some basic editing features here,…which allow you to trim away parts…of the clip you don't want to keep.…To adjust the playback volume, just turn the main dial.…And you'll see the playback volume increase or decrease.…
Want to get up and running even faster? Check out the "Quick Start" chapter to learn how to use your 100D straight out of the box.
- Reviewing the lens controls
- Changing image format and size
- Adjusting ISO and exposure compensations
- Using Program Shift mode
- Exploring Autofocus
- Focusing manually
- Shooting in Continuous (burst) mode
- Switching between metering modes
- Shooting with flash
- Shooting video
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Photography: Exposurewith Ben Long3h 24m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with DSLR Filmmakingwith Chad Perkins1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Quick Start
2. A Closer Look
3. Shooting in Program Auto Exposure Mode
4. Exploring Autofocus
5. Understanding Shutter-Release Modes
6. Understanding Exposure Controls
7. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.