Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video More playback options, part of Up and Running with the Canon Rebel SL1 (100D and Kiss X7).
- Earlier, we looked at viewing metadata displays…while reviewing images.…This is a very useful feature…that you should take advantage of.…Remember, just push the info button…to cycle through what's displayed.…There are four views:…no information, with basic information,…shooting information display, and histogram.…As you look at the LCD on your camera,…you might want to adjust the brightness…based upon the lighting around you.…In very bright lighting conditions, you may find it useful…to increase the brightness.…
In low light situations,…you might wanna lower the intensity.…This can be done by pressing the menu button,…and then, from set up menu two, choose LCD brightness…and press the set button.…You now can rotate the value between 1 and 7,…to adjust the brightness.…You could see the last photo you took on the screen…as a preview, as well as a pluge bar…that ranges from white to black,…to help you judge the effects of the change.…
When satisfied, press the set button to keep the change.…As you're reviewing images, you might wanna lock…
Want to get up and running even faster? Check out the "Quick Start" chapter to learn how to use your 100D straight out of the box.
- Reviewing the lens controls
- Changing image format and size
- Adjusting ISO and exposure compensations
- Using Program Shift mode
- Exploring Autofocus
- Focusing manually
- Shooting in Continuous (burst) mode
- Switching between metering modes
- Shooting with flash
- Shooting video
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Photography: Exposurewith Ben Long3h 24m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with DSLR Filmmakingwith Chad Perkins1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Quick Start
2. A Closer Look
3. Shooting in Program Auto Exposure Mode
4. Exploring Autofocus
5. Understanding Shutter-Release Modes
6. Understanding Exposure Controls
7. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.