Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Image review and playback, part of Up and Running with the Canon Rebel SL1 (100D and Kiss X7).
- When you take a picture, your camera displays it…on the monitor screen.…This image appears for a few seconds,…and then the camera turns off the display…to preserve battery.…Now this is a useful way to quickly review the image…without having to use any buttons or controls.…Once the image pops up on the screen, you can also use…the Playback controls to look at other recent photos.…We'll take a look a those controls more in a moment.…Keep in mind though that many photographers…discourage this process.…Personally, I tend to turn this feature off…for many reasons.…To disable Image review, press the MENU button.…
Choose the first record tab for shooting.…You'll see an item for Image review.…Press the SET button, and you can choose between…two, four, or eight seconds.…You can also have the image stay up indefinitely…until you close it or set this to Off.…I generally prefer Off.…Now when you take a picture, there is no review at all.…This is good news because it keeps you focused…on the moment, and keeps you focused on shooting.…
Want to get up and running even faster? Check out the "Quick Start" chapter to learn how to use your 100D straight out of the box.
- Reviewing the lens controls
- Changing image format and size
- Adjusting ISO and exposure compensations
- Using Program Shift mode
- Exploring Autofocus
- Focusing manually
- Shooting in Continuous (burst) mode
- Switching between metering modes
- Shooting with flash
- Shooting video
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Photography: Exposurewith Ben Long3h 24m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with DSLR Filmmakingwith Chad Perkins1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Quick Start
2. A Closer Look
3. Shooting in Program Auto Exposure Mode
4. Exploring Autofocus
5. Understanding Shutter-Release Modes
6. Understanding Exposure Controls
7. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.