Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use this course, part of Learning the Canon Rebel SL1 (100D and Kiss X7).
- In this course, we'll explore some of the craft skills of photography. Specifically, you'll learn how to use your particular camera. Think of this as the button-pushing skills, that will help you know how to configure your camera for particular types of light. You'll also learn how to adjust exposure and capture motion. In this course, I'll assume you have a basic knowledge of key photographic terms. We'll also put up graphics anytime there is a related course that will help you go deeper into the theory that is being discussed. This course assumes that you know nothing about your camera.
I'm teaching you from the assumption that you just pulled the camera out of the box. And that you want to get shooting as quickly as possible. With that in mind, let's begin.
Want to get up and running even faster? Check out the "Quick Start" chapter to learn how to use your 100D straight out of the box.
- Reviewing the lens controls
- Changing image format and size
- Adjusting ISO and exposure compensations
- Using Program Shift mode
- Exploring Autofocus
- Focusing manually
- Shooting in Continuous (burst) mode
- Switching between metering modes
- Shooting with flash
- Shooting video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Quick Start
2. A Closer Look
3. Shooting in Program Auto Exposure Mode
4. Exploring Autofocus
5. Understanding Shutter-Release Modes
6. Understanding Exposure Controls
7. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.