Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of Learning the Canon Rebel SL1 (100D and Kiss X7).
- My name's Rich Harrington, and I'd like to thank you…for joining me on this tour of the Canon Rebel SL1.…You should now feel pretty comfortable with all the buttons…and dials on your camera.…Of course, knowing is really only half the equation.…The other half comes with experience and practice,…so get out and start shooting.…You wanna get used to making adjustments without having…to look for specific buttons or digging in the menus.…You really need to build up some muscle memory,…so as you're shooting, you won't get distracted…by having to hunt around for a control.…And remember, be sure to keep on learning.…
You'll want to explore the Foundations of Photography Series…here on lynda.com, as well as the DSLR Video Tip Series.…You'll also find several detailed courses on topics…like time-lapse photography, children's portraits,…HDR shooting, and much more.…Thanks for watching.…
Want to get up and running even faster? Check out the "Quick Start" chapter to learn how to use your 100D straight out of the box.
- Reviewing the lens controls
- Changing image format and size
- Adjusting ISO and exposure compensations
- Using Program Shift mode
- Exploring Autofocus
- Focusing manually
- Shooting in Continuous (burst) mode
- Switching between metering modes
- Shooting with flash
- Shooting video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Quick Start
2. A Closer Look
3. Shooting in Program Auto Exposure Mode
4. Exploring Autofocus
5. Understanding Shutter-Release Modes
6. Understanding Exposure Controls
7. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.