Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting ready to shoot, part of Up and Running with the Canon Rebel SL1 (100D and Kiss X7).
- Let's get ready to shoot.…To do this, we need to attach a few items to the camera.…One of the great advantages of shooting with an SLR camera…is the ability to switch lenses.…This offers a lot of flexibility and potential power.…As you can adjust the performance and reach of the camera.…For example, the camera comes with a kit lens…but you can upgrade to a prime lens…for shooting in low light.…Or perhaps a macro lens for shooting close-ups.…Attaching a lens is really pretty easy.…First, make sure the camera is powered all the way down.…Then, carefully remove the front cap.…
This is the body cap…and whenever you don't have a lens attached you should…make sure that this is on the front of the camera.…It's going to keep things like dust…and debris off of the sensor.…Once that's done, go to your lens…and gently twist to remove the lens cap.…Set that to the side.…You'll now notice on the lens itself there's a small mark.…Take that mark and line it up right here,…you'll see a little white dot and a white dot.…Your lens may also have a red dot,…
Want to get up and running even faster? Check out the "Quick Start" chapter to learn how to use your 100D straight out of the box.
- Reviewing the lens controls
- Changing image format and size
- Adjusting ISO and exposure compensations
- Using Program Shift mode
- Exploring Autofocus
- Focusing manually
- Shooting in Continuous (burst) mode
- Switching between metering modes
- Shooting with flash
- Shooting video
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Photography: Exposurewith Ben Long3h 24m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with DSLR Filmmakingwith Chad Perkins1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Quick Start
2. A Closer Look
3. Shooting in Program Auto Exposure Mode
4. Exploring Autofocus
5. Understanding Shutter-Release Modes
6. Understanding Exposure Controls
7. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.