Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Focus modes, part of Up and Running with the Canon Rebel SL1 (100D and Kiss X7).
- Your camera's autofocus is pretty amazing.…Modern cameras can work with very low light…and can often recognize your subject automatically.…Most of the time, you'll want to rely on autofocus…when shooting.…The autofocus mechanism can really work…in two different ways.…The first method is what you've already learned.…Simply press the shutter button halfway…and the camera focuses and locks focus.…When it beeps or the focus indicator turns on,…you know that you're ready to shoot.…However, your camera can also be set to continuously…track a moving subject.…
You learned about focus points earlier,…and to influence these you'll need to track the subject.…Your camera offers three different autofocus modes.…First, make sure your lens is set to autofocus.…Now, turn the camera mode dial to one of the creative zones.…To change focus modes, press the quick edit button…and choose the focus method.…ONE SHOT autofocus works best for stationary subjects.…The focus locks when the shutter button is half pressed.…When focus is locked, the autofocus points that were…
Want to get up and running even faster? Check out the "Quick Start" chapter to learn how to use your 100D straight out of the box.
- Reviewing the lens controls
- Changing image format and size
- Adjusting ISO and exposure compensations
- Using Program Shift mode
- Exploring Autofocus
- Focusing manually
- Shooting in Continuous (burst) mode
- Switching between metering modes
- Shooting with flash
- Shooting video
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Photography: Exposurewith Ben Long3h 24m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with DSLR Filmmakingwith Chad Perkins1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Quick Start
2. A Closer Look
3. Shooting in Program Auto Exposure Mode
4. Exploring Autofocus
5. Understanding Shutter-Release Modes
6. Understanding Exposure Controls
7. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.