Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing image format and size, part of Learning the Canon Rebel SL1 (100D and Kiss X7).
- Your camera can record images at…different quality and size settings.…These determine how much space…each photo takes up on the memory card,…as well as what type of edits and outputs can be made later.…Most of the time, I choose to shoot at a maximum quality,…and I recommended that you do, too.…You can always make a large photo smaller,…but you can't really take a small photo and blow it up.…Not without a significant loss in quality.…But perhaps you're running low…on memory card space, and you need to save room.…To change modes, press the menu button, and choose…Image Quality from page one of the shooting menu.…
You'll find eight different JPEG…quality settings to choose from.…Additionally, your camera offers…a single RAW image quality setting.…As you make changes to the image quality,…you'll see that the megapixels will update.…You'll also see that the total number of images that you can…store on a card will change with each format and size.…Remember, your camera has two different…types of files it can record.…
Want to get up and running even faster? Check out the "Quick Start" chapter to learn how to use your 100D straight out of the box.
- Reviewing the lens controls
- Changing image format and size
- Adjusting ISO and exposure compensations
- Using Program Shift mode
- Exploring Autofocus
- Focusing manually
- Shooting in Continuous (burst) mode
- Switching between metering modes
- Shooting with flash
- Shooting video
Skill Level Beginner
1. Quick Start
2. A Closer Look
3. Shooting in Program Auto Exposure Mode
4. Exploring Autofocus
5. Understanding Shutter-Release Modes
6. Understanding Exposure Controls
7. Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.