- View Offline
- Building a creative base for a live performance
- Choosing and setting up equipment for a live performance
- Tweaking the MIDI controller with Remote
- Creating patches in the Combinator
- Importing and editing loops
- Integrating with ProTools, Cubase, and Ableton Live through ReWire
Skill Level Intermediate
(light, bright music) - Hi, I'm G.W. Childs, and welcome to Reason and Record for Live Performance. For years, Propellerhead's Reason virtual audio rack was a great way to turn your ideas into music. But with the release of the new Record app, the two of them form an amazing tool for the studio as well as the stage. I'll start by giving you tips for your live performances, tips for monitoring your band, even tips for your cables on stage. Tips I've picked up over the years. Then we'll jump into the interface, and I'll teach you how to use ReWire to work with many other pro audio apps from Logic Pro to Pro Tools and more.
I'll show you around the Reason and Record interfaces. For example, how adding the browser and its favorites list can save you tons of time. Then, I'll introduce both the Combinator and the NN-XT and how to use them both to build an absolutely killer final sound. I promise to show you plenty of tricks you can use to take your skills to the next level. So if you're ready, let's get going with Reason and Record for Live Performance.