Join Matt Piper for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the effect sends, part of Up and Running with Reason 8.
- Now that I've got EQ and compression pretty well set…I would like to look at adding…some send effects.…So I don't need the browser at the moment…I will press F3 to hide it…and I do not need to look at the…rack at the moment so I'll hit F5 to see the mixer.…And I'm going to hide my insert effects…because we're doing send effects…and I need to show my send effects.…Okay, great, I can see the fader section…and the effects section.…
So if you look up here at the effects return…you'll see that in the default song that loads into Reason,…unless you custom choose a different song,…there are already some effects loaded.…So on effects send and return one I have a plate reverb.…On two I have a room reverb.…And on three I have an echo…which is a delay unit…and four is also a different delay unit.…If I want to change these,…one way I can do that is to click this edit button…and then it'll take my to that effect in the rack…and then I can browse patches if I want to…or I can change to a different device.…
But I actually know that I kind of like this plate reverb…
- Installing the Rack Extensions
- Setting up Reason's preferences
- Recording audio and software instrument tracks
- Creating drumbeats with Redrum and the Kong Drum Designer
- Customizing REX loops
- Live sampling
- Recording automation
- Quantizing audio
- Pitch correcting vocals
- Time stretching and time compressing audio
- Mixing your tracks with compression, EQ, and effects
- Mastering a recording in Reason
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up
Using Reason's browser5m 58s
2. Recording Music
3. Editing Your Recording
4. Mixing Your Recording
5. Finishing Your Recording
Mastering your own recording12m 36s
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.