- Setting up Reason's preferences
- Recording audio and software instrument tracks
- Creating drum beats with Redrum and the Kong Drum Designer
- Triggering REX loops
- Live sampling
- Recording automation
- Quantizing audio
- Pitch correcting vocals
- Using the ReGroove Mixer
- Time stretching and time compressing audio
- Working in the mixer and the rack
- Processing your tracks with compression, EQ, and effects
- Mastering a recording in Reason
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Matt Piper, and this is Up and Running with Reason Seven. Reason is a complete music production environment that brings the feel and features of a professional recording studio to your computer. In this course, we'll start by going over everything you need to know to get set up and to become comfortable in the Reason environment. (guitar strumming) Next, we'll actually start recording music into Reason with guitar, bass, and software instruments.
(rhythmic beat) And make beats with Reason's built in drums, percussion, and audio loops. (upbeat techno music) And you'll see how easy it is to sample your own sounds. (flute) After that, we'll look at how to edit your recording with Reason's powerful audio and MIDI editing tools. (guitar strumming) I'll also show you vocal pitch correction. (guitar strumming) ? We didn't get a singer for this thing ? Your humble narrator will just have to sing ? (upbeat rock beat) And how to make your grooves tight and right on the money.
Next, I'll show you how to mix your recording using Reason's studio quality mixer and effects processors. (funky bass music) Finally, I'll walk you through exporting your work for collaboration or for delivery to a mastering engineer, and how to master a recording yourself. (rock guitar music) So, if you're ready to go, let's get up and running with Reason Seven.
1. Setting Up
2. Recording Music
3. Editing Your Recording
4. Mixing Your Recording
5. Finishing Your Recording
Mastering your own recording12m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.