- View Offline
- Installing Reason and authorizing your ignition key
- Making music with Dr. Octo Rex
- Expanding on vocals with Neptune
- Creating custom beats with ReDrum
- Using rack extensions
- Creating guitar and bass sounds
- Using synths such as Malström and Thor
- Using the ID8, NN-19, and NN-XT samplers
- Adding reverb to vocals
- Using the sequencer and tracks
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm J Chris Griffin and I'd like to welcome you to Up and Running with Reason 6.5. In this course, I'll show you how to create music quickly, using song starters like Dr. OctoRex. I'll show you how to program custom tracks easily, using auto combinators synced to tempo. We'll dive deep into rack extensions, and I'll even show you where to download free trial versions, and point you to some of my favorite rack extensions and demonstrate how they might help your music.
Next, I'll show you how to use the included Line 6 devices to produce great guitar and bass tracks. And, I'll go through each and every synthesizer, playing patches and giving tips on how to choose one synthesizer over another. Then show you how to program synthesizer parts without a midi keyboard. I'll offer production tips and advice on how to set up very versatile effects chains. Lastly, I'll go through editing midi and audio for the final polish on a great production.
So if you are ready, it's time to get Up and Running with Reason 6.5.