Join Matt Piper for an in-depth discussion in this video Tempo and time signature automation, part of Learning Reason 8.
- Previously in this course, I showed you how you…could automate basically any control, any knob…or fader in reason.…A couple of other things that you can automate…are the tempo and the time signature.…Reason has one of the cleanest, most artifact-free,…time-stretching and time compressing algorithms…out there, you can really slow down or speed up…the tempo over a very wide, usable range, and that…doesn't only apply to simply changing an entire…song to another tempo, but you can also automate…the tempo within the song.…
So I'm going to play you a little bit of an…instrumental background track that I created,…and let you hear an ending at tempo.…(music playing)…Ok, with tempo automation, I could actually…program in a ritardando at the end.…So let me show you how to do that, let me drag…up a little bit here to transport.…
Let's see what track parameter automation…selections we have available here.…We have time signature and tempo.…So I'm going to select tempo, and now I have a…tempo automation lane here.…So I'm going to double click to create a clip,…
- Installing the Rack Extensions
- Setting up Reason's preferences
- Recording audio and software instrument tracks
- Creating drumbeats with Redrum and the Kong Drum Designer
- Customizing REX loops
- Live sampling
- Recording automation
- Quantizing audio
- Pitch correcting vocals
- Time stretching and time compressing audio
- Mixing your tracks with compression, EQ, and effects
- Mastering a recording in Reason
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up
Using Reason's browser5m 58s
2. Recording Music
3. Editing Your Recording
4. Mixing Your Recording
5. Finishing Your Recording
Mastering your own recording12m 36s
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.