Join Matt Piper for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing the included Rack Extensions, part of Learning Reason 8.
- The plug-ins used in Reason…are referred to as Rack Extensions.…It is a proprietary format only for Reason.…Your install of Reason 8 actually comes with…three Rack Extensions,…the Audiomatic Retro Transformer,…a guitar amp plug-in,…and a bass amp plug-in.…But they are not automatically installed…when you install Reason 8,…so that's what I want to show you right now.…In order to install these Rack Extensions,…you log into your Propellerhead account,…and this is what you'll see when you get there.…
Click on the Rack Extensions tab.…If I scroll a little bit you can see…Audiomatic, Softube Amp -- that's the one for guitar --…and Softube Bass Amp.…They are in the account because…Reason has been registered already.…All I need to do is Sync All…and this automatically launches Authorizer.…You can see that these downloaded very quickly.…You may get a message from your browser…asking, "Is it OK to use this Authorizer app?"…and of course you just want to say "Yes" and let it do it.…
Now, if I launch Reason,…and I'm gonna Update Licenses,…
- Installing the Rack Extensions
- Setting up Reason's preferences
- Recording audio and software instrument tracks
- Creating drumbeats with Redrum and the Kong Drum Designer
- Customizing REX loops
- Live sampling
- Recording automation
- Quantizing audio
- Pitch correcting vocals
- Time stretching and time compressing audio
- Mixing your tracks with compression, EQ, and effects
- Mastering a recording in Reason
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up
Using Reason's browser5m 58s
2. Recording Music
3. Editing Your Recording
4. Mixing Your Recording
5. Finishing Your Recording
Mastering your own recording12m 36s
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.