Join Matt Piper for an in-depth discussion in this video Common sequencer functions and tools, part of Learning Reason 8.
- Throughout this course, I've used some of the…sequencer tools, but in this lesson, I'd like…to show you each one of them.…I think it's a good idea to make sure that…we know exactly what tools are available to us…before we get into editing music later in the course.…So I've opened one of the demo songs, and I will…click ok to close this song information window,…and I found this demo song by going to File, Open Demo Song,…and I've chosen this one by Cntrl called Astoria,…and since we'll be focusing on the sequencer tools,…I'm going to press F3 to close the browser,…and F7 to maximize the sequencer.…
And if you look in the upper left hand corner…of the sequencer, you see the sequencer tools.…Right now the selection tool is selected, and I'd…like to make sure that you know that besides…simply clicking on these tools to select them,…you can also use the keys on your computer…keyboard, QWERTY, so Q is the selection tool,…W for write is the pencil tool, E for erase…is the eraser tool, R for razor is the razor…tool, after that the nice alphabetical scheme…
- Installing the Rack Extensions
- Setting up Reason's preferences
- Recording audio and software instrument tracks
- Creating drumbeats with Redrum and the Kong Drum Designer
- Customizing REX loops
- Live sampling
- Recording automation
- Quantizing audio
- Pitch correcting vocals
- Time stretching and time compressing audio
- Mixing your tracks with compression, EQ, and effects
- Mastering a recording in Reason
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up
Using Reason's browser5m 58s
2. Recording Music
3. Editing Your Recording
4. Mixing Your Recording
5. Finishing Your Recording
Mastering your own recording12m 36s
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.