Join Ran Ben Avraham for an in-depth discussion in this video Unlocking the imported mash object attributes, part of Soft Body Simulation for Motion Graphics with RealFlow.
- In order to have our letters jump up and down,…just like in real life, we'll need to place some distance…between them and the canvas so they will be able…to build up some momentum.…To be precise, there are actually other ways…to work around that, but we are interested…in having a nice natural fall.…So our goal is to move these letters up.…Over on the left side of our screen,…we have the transform, rotation, and scale tools.…
The shortcuts for those are the same as in Maya.…W for transform, E for rotation,…and R for scale.…So, let's again, select the transform tool by hitting W.…And let's start with the Z and try and drag it up.…I'll select the Y-axis, click hold on it…and drag the Z up, and nothing happens.…Don't be alarmed.…Nothing is wrong with our scene.…
Let's try and create a new primitive mesh…right here inside Realflow.…We'll switch over to the geometry tab,…and we'll create a sphere.…Let's try and drag our sphere up.…Once again, I'll select the Y-axis, click hold and drag.…And as you can see, that worked fine.…
AuthorRan Ben Avraham
Note this is a project-based learning experience, designed for members who are already familiar with RealFlow. Each step of the process is rich with lessons applicable to the variations that motion design artists will face in the real world.
- Importing geometry in RealFlow
- Setting up dynamic types and world scale
- Rearranging objects in 3D space
- Simulating soft bodies
- Speeding up and slowing down simulations
- Animating, lighting, and rendering in Maya
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Shape Animation in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 57m Intermediate
1. Importing and Preparing Geometry in RealFlow
2. Setting Up the Dynamic Type of Different Objects
3. RealFlow's World Scale
4. Rearranging Objects' Locations in the RealFlow Scene
5. Soft Bodies Simulation
6. Multiple Simulations
7. Slow-Motion Simulations
8. Overview of Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.