Join Ran Ben Avraham for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding each dynamic type behavior, part of Soft Body Simulation for Motion Graphics with RealFlow.
- So now that we have established…how the materials behave in real life…let's examine the possibilities that RealFlow gives us…to mimic those behaviors.…The Z is still selected and on the right side…we have the Node Parameters.…The second property is Dynamics and right now it's set No.…Let's click on the No once…and that will enable a drop-down menu.…Let's toggle it open.…As you can see,…we have three different possibilities for Dynamic types.…
We have the Active rigid body, the Passive rigid body,…and the Soft body.…Rigid body is completely rigid.…It has no elasticity whatsoever.…And RealFlow gives us two possibilities here…we got the Active and the Passive one.…The Active rigid body will keep the object rigidness…but will react to different forces we can apply to them…such as gravity, wind, and so on.…As well as reacting to other objects in the scene.…
The Passive rigid body…doesn't react with other objects in the scene.…And it's not affected by gravity, wind,…and other Dynamic forces which we can apply in RealFlow.…
AuthorRan Ben Avraham
Note this is a project-based learning experience, designed for members who are already familiar with RealFlow. Each step of the process is rich with lessons applicable to the variations that motion design artists will face in the real world.
- Importing geometry in RealFlow
- Setting up dynamic types and world scale
- Rearranging objects in 3D space
- Simulating soft bodies
- Speeding up and slowing down simulations
- Animating, lighting, and rendering in Maya
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Shape Animation in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 57m Intermediate
1. Importing and Preparing Geometry in RealFlow
2. Setting Up the Dynamic Type of Different Objects
3. RealFlow's World Scale
4. Rearranging Objects' Locations in the RealFlow Scene
5. Soft Bodies Simulation
6. Multiple Simulations
7. Slow-Motion Simulations
8. Overview of Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.