Join Ran Ben Avraham for an in-depth discussion in this video Shaders, illumination, and rendering setup in Maya, part of Soft Body Simulation for Motion Graphics with RealFlow.
- Next, I would like to run an overview…of the way that the lighting…shaders and render layers…are built here in Maya.…But first,…lets scrap on the timeline a bit…to see how the animation looks.…As you can see,…the letters in this simulation…jump higher than the letters in the…simulation that we had created earlier.…The main difference between the two simulations…lies in the canvas.…
In this simulation,…I have lowered the…canvas volume stiffness,…just a little bit,…and I've raised its elasticity all the way to one.…And I gave the letters a bit more height…so that they will be able to…build up a bit more momentum.…And other than that,…I've also added just a little bit…to the weight,…so that they will push the canvas a little bit more…and the canvas,…on the other hand,…will push the letters back.…In order to apply textures…for our models,…we obviously need to UV unwrap them.…
I highly recommend on…UV unwrapping your objects…before you import them…into a flow, and before…you simulate them in real flow.…This is a very crucial step,…
AuthorRan Ben Avraham
Note this is a project-based learning experience, designed for members who are already familiar with RealFlow. Each step of the process is rich with lessons applicable to the variations that motion design artists will face in the real world.
- Importing geometry in RealFlow
- Setting up dynamic types and world scale
- Rearranging objects in 3D space
- Simulating soft bodies
- Speeding up and slowing down simulations
- Animating, lighting, and rendering in Maya
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Shape Animation in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 57m Intermediate
1. Importing and Preparing Geometry in RealFlow
2. Setting Up the Dynamic Type of Different Objects
3. RealFlow's World Scale
4. Rearranging Objects' Locations in the RealFlow Scene
5. Soft Bodies Simulation
6. Multiple Simulations
7. Slow-Motion Simulations
8. Overview of Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.