Join Ran Ben Avraham for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the dynamic type of different objects, part of RealFlow: Soft Body Simulation for Motion Graphics.
- So, now that we know the material type…of each mesh object in our scene,…and we have an understanding of…RealFlow's corresponding dynamic types,…let's apply the different dynamic types…to the different objects in our scene.…Applying the correct dynamic types…and, of course, adjusting their properties,…will guarantee us the best simulation possible.…Let's mark all of the letters.…The Z is already selected, so I'll shift-select…the O, the second O and the P,…and I'll set all of their dynamic type to soft body.…
Next is the canvas.…Let's mark it, and we want to make the canvas…a soft body as well.…Now, as we said, the canvas is about halfway…in the rigid elasticity scale,…but as far as RealFlow concerns,…it is a soft body.…Next are the springs.…Let's close these springs group,…and we'll select the entire group.…I did say that the springs are made out of metal,…and as such they should be rigid body,…but since the springs are made out of relatively thin metal,…we'll need to make them a soft body.…
So, go to dynamics and we'll select soft body.…
AuthorRan Ben Avraham
Note this is a project-based learning experience, designed for members who are already familiar with RealFlow. Each step of the process is rich with lessons applicable to the variations that motion design artists will face in the real world.
- Importing geometry in RealFlow
- Setting up dynamic types and world scale
- Rearranging objects in 3D space
- Simulating soft bodies
- Speeding up and slowing down simulations
- Animating, lighting, and rendering in Maya
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Shape Animation in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 57m Intermediate
1. Importing and Preparing Geometry in RealFlow
2. Setting Up the Dynamic Type of Different Objects
3. RealFlow's World Scale
4. Rearranging Objects' Locations in the RealFlow Scene
5. Soft Bodies Simulation
6. Multiple Simulations
7. Slow-Motion Simulations
8. Overview of Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.