Join Ran Ben Avraham for an in-depth discussion in this video Reinforcing the springs, part of RealFlow: Soft Body Simulation for Motion Graphics.
- Even though we have evened up the mass…of all the different mesh objects,…our springs are still stretching quite a bit.…So let's find a way to reinforce them.…We'll mark these springs from the Nodes window,…and in the Nodes Parameters, we'll go to "Soft body."…I want to examine two things here.…First is the length stiffness.…The length stiffness is in charge of…the object's resistance to change.…
If we dial up the length stiffness…to a ridiculous number like 200,…the soft body will actually become a rigid body.…It will resist to any change in its form…and will actually become stiff just like a rigid body.…And we don't want to bring it that high.…We do want to help these springs…to keep some of their elasticity but, on the other hand,…we don't want them to stretch too much.…And by helping the springs to be more stiff,…we will make sure that they will be able…to hold on to the canvas,…and the letters that will push the canvas as they fall down.…
So, let's see.…I'll set the length stiffness to a high number.…Actually, I'll set it all the way to 12.…
AuthorRan Ben Avraham
Note this is a project-based learning experience, designed for members who are already familiar with RealFlow. Each step of the process is rich with lessons applicable to the variations that motion design artists will face in the real world.
- Importing geometry in RealFlow
- Setting up dynamic types and world scale
- Rearranging objects in 3D space
- Simulating soft bodies
- Speeding up and slowing down simulations
- Animating, lighting, and rendering in Maya
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Shape Animation in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 57m Intermediate
1. Importing and Preparing Geometry in RealFlow
2. Setting Up the Dynamic Type of Different Objects
3. RealFlow's World Scale
4. Rearranging Objects' Locations in the RealFlow Scene
5. Soft Bodies Simulation
6. Multiple Simulations
7. Slow-Motion Simulations
8. Overview of Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.