Join Ran Ben Avraham for an in-depth discussion in this video Rearranging the letters in space, part of RealFlow: Soft Body Simulation for Motion Graphics.
- Now that our letters' transform properties are enabled,…we can move them around in space.…We'll need to drag them up into different locations…on the "Y" axis,…and again, I'll remind you that is to achieve…a natural fall and balance on the canvas.…Now, let's move to the side view…to view this a little better.…We'll hit "3" on the numpad,…and we'll zoom in a bit.…We'll select the "Z," and click hold on the Y axis,…and drag it up to somewhere…around this height.…
Okay, let's select the "O" and drag it up.…We can drag it a bit higher.…We'll select the second "O" and drag it a bit lower,…maybe drag it inside a bit.…Same goes for the "Z."…We'll select the "P," and drag it up.…The "P" might be a little higher than the rest.…Let's see.…I'll drag it inside a bit.…Okay, that's great.…Now, let's switch to the front view…by hitting "2" on the numpad.…
And there's our letters.…Zoom in.…Now, they're all lined in the X axis,…and I would like to give them a little bit of randomness…on all axises if possible.…So, let's see.…We'll drag this one a bit backwards,…
AuthorRan Ben Avraham
Note this is a project-based learning experience, designed for members who are already familiar with RealFlow. Each step of the process is rich with lessons applicable to the variations that motion design artists will face in the real world.
- Importing geometry in RealFlow
- Setting up dynamic types and world scale
- Rearranging objects in 3D space
- Simulating soft bodies
- Speeding up and slowing down simulations
- Animating, lighting, and rendering in Maya
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Shape Animation in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 57m Intermediate
1. Importing and Preparing Geometry in RealFlow
2. Setting Up the Dynamic Type of Different Objects
3. RealFlow's World Scale
4. Rearranging Objects' Locations in the RealFlow Scene
5. Soft Bodies Simulation
6. Multiple Simulations
7. Slow-Motion Simulations
8. Overview of Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.