Join Ran Ben Avraham for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing for a slow-motion time remap simulation, part of Soft Body Simulation for Motion Graphics with RealFlow.
- As you might recall from this course showcase,…we have a time remapped scene that lasts…only a few seconds, but it's very effective,…and it's very dramatic in my eyes.…And that small scene reveals…a highly detailed simulation.…The way that slow motion or time remapped scenes…work is basically we render the scene…in a large amount of frames per second,…for example, I rendered it in 100 frames per second,…and in your compositing software of choice,…in my case that is After Effects,…I interpreted that render as 25 frames per second…and enabled time remap for it.…
Of course, there's a lot more to it,…but basically that's how it's done.…In order to render our…100 frames per second scene in Maya…we need to first simulate…100 frames per second scene in RealFlow.…To do that, we'll need to change the frame rate…we are working in.…We'll go to the Simulate button,…to the dropdown arrow next to it.…And we'll click on it, and the last command here,…which is below the recording area,…is Options, let's click on it.…
And over here we've got the Simulation options.…
AuthorRan Ben Avraham
Note this is a project-based learning experience, designed for members who are already familiar with RealFlow. Each step of the process is rich with lessons applicable to the variations that motion design artists will face in the real world.
- Importing geometry in RealFlow
- Setting up dynamic types and world scale
- Rearranging objects in 3D space
- Simulating soft bodies
- Speeding up and slowing down simulations
- Animating, lighting, and rendering in Maya
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Shape Animation in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 57m Intermediate
1. Importing and Preparing Geometry in RealFlow
2. Setting Up the Dynamic Type of Different Objects
3. RealFlow's World Scale
4. Rearranging Objects' Locations in the RealFlow Scene
5. Soft Bodies Simulation
6. Multiple Simulations
7. Slow-Motion Simulations
8. Overview of Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.