Join Ran Ben Avraham for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of the mashes structure and topology flow, part of RealFlow: Soft Body Simulation for Motion Graphics.
- I would like to take a moment…and have a long close look at all…the different measures here,…to view the structure and topology flow.…Let's mark the Z,…right click, and we'll select Zoom Selected.…Now, as you can see,…the Z is very well divided.…We've got a whole lot of divisions…vertically and horizontally,…running all along the Z.…Same goes for the other letters,…the O's,…and the P.…
Same applies for the canvas, the springs...…Let's actually zoom on that one.…Right click, and if it's below the recorded area,…let me try this again.…Right click. Zoom selected.…Ok, as you can see it is very,…very highly detailed.…The trampoline body has a bit less details.…There is actually a reason for that,…and we'll get into that a bit later.…
And we have the rings, which have…also a mild amount of detail.…Now, this is very important.…When we're simulating soft bodies in RealFlow,…we expect them to bend and curl…and if we have long, flat faces,…with no divisions, when we'll start this simulation,…we'll get ugly creases where RealFlow…
AuthorRan Ben Avraham
Note this is a project-based learning experience, designed for members who are already familiar with RealFlow. Each step of the process is rich with lessons applicable to the variations that motion design artists will face in the real world.
- Importing geometry in RealFlow
- Setting up dynamic types and world scale
- Rearranging objects in 3D space
- Simulating soft bodies
- Speeding up and slowing down simulations
- Animating, lighting, and rendering in Maya
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Shape Animation in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 57m Intermediate
1. Importing and Preparing Geometry in RealFlow
2. Setting Up the Dynamic Type of Different Objects
3. RealFlow's World Scale
4. Rearranging Objects' Locations in the RealFlow Scene
5. Soft Bodies Simulation
6. Multiple Simulations
7. Slow-Motion Simulations
8. Overview of Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.