Join Ran Ben Avraham for an in-depth discussion in this video Optimizing the letter properties, part of Soft Body Simulation for Motion Graphics with RealFlow.
- Our springs and canvas's properties are set up nicely,…and I'm very happy with the result we are getting here.…Now let's examine the letters.…They do jump up and down in a very nice manner;…however, I feel that they are just a little bit too elastic.…So, let's examine the letters' properties.…Let's mark all of the letters here.…And we'll move over to the soft putty.…First, I would like to dull down the length thickness,…and thus, lowering the letters' resistance to form change.…
And I'll dull it just a little bit.…We'll go to .3…On the other hand, I don't want them to squash too much.…I want them to be elastic,…but I would like them to keep their volume.…So, we'll dull up the volume stiffness to 3.…If we keep the properties as they are now,…the letters will actually be a little less elastic…than I would like.…Even though they have less resistance to form change,…they have a very high amount…of resistance to volume change.…
And they might be a little too stiff.…So what I'll do to compensate is dull up…the elasticity.…
AuthorRan Ben Avraham
Note this is a project-based learning experience, designed for members who are already familiar with RealFlow. Each step of the process is rich with lessons applicable to the variations that motion design artists will face in the real world.
- Importing geometry in RealFlow
- Setting up dynamic types and world scale
- Rearranging objects in 3D space
- Simulating soft bodies
- Speeding up and slowing down simulations
- Animating, lighting, and rendering in Maya
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Shape Animation in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 57m Intermediate
1. Importing and Preparing Geometry in RealFlow
2. Setting Up the Dynamic Type of Different Objects
3. RealFlow's World Scale
4. Rearranging Objects' Locations in the RealFlow Scene
5. Soft Bodies Simulation
6. Multiple Simulations
7. Slow-Motion Simulations
8. Overview of Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.