Join Ran Ben Avraham for an in-depth discussion in this video Optimizing the canvas properties, part of Soft Body Simulation for Motion Graphics with RealFlow.
- Now that we know that our springs are…strong enough to hold on to the canvas,…let's bring back our letters.…I'll mark all four letters,…and I'll make them active again by clicking on the green…rocket button on the left.…And now they're active again.…Let's actually zoom out here.…And now, let's run a quick test simulation…to see how these springs and canvas are holding on…with the letters falling down on them.…
I'll hit the Simulate button.…And there's our CMD window.…We'll let it run for awhile and see how it goes.…We have reached frame 22 and this will be…a good place to stop the simulation.…Now, let's hit the shortcut…to load the cached frames from memory, "Alt+U",…and let's see.…We'll zoom in a bit.…
And we've reached frame 20.…And, as we can see,…the letters hit the canvas…and the canvas is holding on very nicely.…We've reached frame 21, I think,…and, well, let's see.…The springs are holding onto the canvas…and the canvas is holding the letters, all very nice.…So,…from that point of view, this is a success.…
However, if we'll compare the simulation to the real world,…
AuthorRan Ben Avraham
Note this is a project-based learning experience, designed for members who are already familiar with RealFlow. Each step of the process is rich with lessons applicable to the variations that motion design artists will face in the real world.
- Importing geometry in RealFlow
- Setting up dynamic types and world scale
- Rearranging objects in 3D space
- Simulating soft bodies
- Speeding up and slowing down simulations
- Animating, lighting, and rendering in Maya
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Shape Animation in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 57m Intermediate
1. Importing and Preparing Geometry in RealFlow
2. Setting Up the Dynamic Type of Different Objects
3. RealFlow's World Scale
4. Rearranging Objects' Locations in the RealFlow Scene
5. Soft Bodies Simulation
6. Multiple Simulations
7. Slow-Motion Simulations
8. Overview of Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.