Join Ran Ben Avraham for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting the finished mesh data back into Maya, part of RealFlow: Soft Body Simulation for Motion Graphics.
- We have two options of importing…the simulated Realflow data into Maya.…The first one is to go to File,…Import.…And we need to navigate to the Realflow files folder,…and to the objects folder.…Here we have the animation_01 and 02…sd files we have created.…I'll select animation_01,…which is the simulation we have worked on…throughout most of this course,…and I'll hit Import.…
And as you can see,…all of my mesh objects have imported into Maya,…and let me just bring in the Outliner.…We can see here in the Outliner…that we have all four letters,…the trampoline body,…canvas, and springs.…And of course we've got the rings,…the bottom border, and the top border.…Now let's hide the top border…so we can see what's going on.…Hit Ctrl+H.…Okay, wonderful.…
Now let's get rid of the Outliner…so we can see how our simulation…is working here in Maya.…We'll back up a bit,…and there's the letters,…and if I scrub on the timeline,…we can see that the simulation…has imported exactly as we saw it in Realflow.…To view the second option…of importing Realflow simulations into Maya,…
AuthorRan Ben Avraham
Note this is a project-based learning experience, designed for members who are already familiar with RealFlow. Each step of the process is rich with lessons applicable to the variations that motion design artists will face in the real world.
- Importing geometry in RealFlow
- Setting up dynamic types and world scale
- Rearranging objects in 3D space
- Simulating soft bodies
- Speeding up and slowing down simulations
- Animating, lighting, and rendering in Maya
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Shape Animation in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 57m Intermediate
1. Importing and Preparing Geometry in RealFlow
2. Setting Up the Dynamic Type of Different Objects
3. RealFlow's World Scale
4. Rearranging Objects' Locations in the RealFlow Scene
5. Soft Bodies Simulation
6. Multiple Simulations
7. Slow-Motion Simulations
8. Overview of Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.