Join Ran Ben Avraham for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating multiple simulation data files, part of Soft Body Simulation for Motion Graphics with RealFlow.
- In the showcase I've made for this course,…I've created several simulations,…based on these mesh objects.…The problem is,…that every time we reset and resimulate,…Realflow writes the SD animation file…all over again, and we lose…the animation.sd file we had before.…So, my trick to create…several Realflow simulations for several scenes…is very simple.…
All we need to do is rename…the animation SD file,…I'll rename this one to "Animation 01".…And if we'll jump back to Realflow,…I'll reset the simulation.…To get a different result, I will need…to move the letters to different locations in space.…So let's see.…Let's jump to the top view,…by hitting "one" on the number.…And we'll move this one…to some area around here.…
This one can move, let's say here.…And so on and so forth.…Ok, and let's see,…let's move to the side view…by hitting "three" on the number.…I can't forget.…And we'll just move these around in space.…So having the letters in different locations in space,…Let's hit "four" on the number,…and we switch it to perspective view…
AuthorRan Ben Avraham
Note this is a project-based learning experience, designed for members who are already familiar with RealFlow. Each step of the process is rich with lessons applicable to the variations that motion design artists will face in the real world.
- Importing geometry in RealFlow
- Setting up dynamic types and world scale
- Rearranging objects in 3D space
- Simulating soft bodies
- Speeding up and slowing down simulations
- Animating, lighting, and rendering in Maya
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Shape Animation in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 57m Intermediate
1. Importing and Preparing Geometry in RealFlow
2. Setting Up the Dynamic Type of Different Objects
3. RealFlow's World Scale
4. Rearranging Objects' Locations in the RealFlow Scene
5. Soft Bodies Simulation
6. Multiple Simulations
7. Slow-Motion Simulations
8. Overview of Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.