Join Ran Ben Avraham for an in-depth discussion in this video Compositing the finished shots in After Effects, part of RealFlow: Soft Body Simulation for Motion Graphics.
- In this last chapter, we will examine the last step…in the production pipeline workflow.…The post-production in After Effects.…Right now, we are looking at the main comp,…which contains all five scenes. Actually, six scenes.…Each one of those scenes is composited…almost in an identical way.…So, let's start by examining scene one.…And let me make some room here so we can…appreciate all the layers.…
First of all, we've got the beauty pass pre-comp,…which contains all the rendered sequences that I have…rendered from Maya.…To this pre-comp, I have added the plugin…ReelSmart Motion Blur, which gives me this…very, very nice motion blur we can see here on the screen.…Above that, we have the texture pre-comp,…which is basically made out of three different textures,…and an adjustment layer that has a few effects on it…to get the result we are looking at right now.…
The reason we can see through this texture…is that each one of those parchment layers has…different transfer modes.…Let me hit F4 to switch to the transfer modes.…
AuthorRan Ben Avraham
Note this is a project-based learning experience, designed for members who are already familiar with RealFlow. Each step of the process is rich with lessons applicable to the variations that motion design artists will face in the real world.
- Importing geometry in RealFlow
- Setting up dynamic types and world scale
- Rearranging objects in 3D space
- Simulating soft bodies
- Speeding up and slowing down simulations
- Animating, lighting, and rendering in Maya
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Shape Animation in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 57m Intermediate
1. Importing and Preparing Geometry in RealFlow
2. Setting Up the Dynamic Type of Different Objects
3. RealFlow's World Scale
4. Rearranging Objects' Locations in the RealFlow Scene
5. Soft Bodies Simulation
6. Multiple Simulations
7. Slow-Motion Simulations
8. Overview of Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.