Join Ran Ben Avraham for an in-depth discussion in this video Comparing and adjusting mash object mass, part of RealFlow: Soft Body Simulation for Motion Graphics.
- Each of the dynamic mesh objects…is given a certain amount of Mass.…If we select the O for example,…and we'll travel to the Soft Body tab,…in the Node Parameters section,…we can see that it has a Mass of .7.…In Realflow, Mass is calculated by default in kilograms,…so, this means that the O has a Mass of 700 grams.…One of the springs is .005.…
Let's see, the P is .9,…or 900 grams.…The second O is the same as the first O,…and the Z is .9 as well.…Now, the canvas, on the other hand,…is 6 kilograms .6, so it's by far heavier…than any other mesh object in our scene,…so let's see.…First I would like to even up the Mass of the letters.…
Let's back off here a little bit.…And, let's see.…I'll mark all of the letters.…And, set their Mass to .5, 500 grams.…Okay.…We'll need to take the Mass,…or the weight of the canvas really down here.…We'll need to make it, let's try and make it 1,…or maybe even 2,…2 kilos.…So, this way, the springs will be able to hold on to the…canvas a bit better.…
So let's Reset the simulation here.…And, we'll temporarily disable the letters.…
AuthorRan Ben Avraham
Note this is a project-based learning experience, designed for members who are already familiar with RealFlow. Each step of the process is rich with lessons applicable to the variations that motion design artists will face in the real world.
- Importing geometry in RealFlow
- Setting up dynamic types and world scale
- Rearranging objects in 3D space
- Simulating soft bodies
- Speeding up and slowing down simulations
- Animating, lighting, and rendering in Maya
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Shape Animation in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 57m Intermediate
1. Importing and Preparing Geometry in RealFlow
2. Setting Up the Dynamic Type of Different Objects
3. RealFlow's World Scale
4. Rearranging Objects' Locations in the RealFlow Scene
5. Soft Bodies Simulation
6. Multiple Simulations
7. Slow-Motion Simulations
8. Overview of Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.