Join Ran Ben Avraham for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying different colors to the mash objects for easier visualization, part of RealFlow: Soft Body Simulation for Motion Graphics.
- At the moment, all of our mesh objects…are sharing this light grey shader.…I find that separating the different mesh objects…into different colors…helps for a better learning experience.…Let's see how we can color the different objects…in our scene in different colors.…We'll select the "Z" first,…and in the node parameters section on the top right,…we'll go to "Node."…And in the bottom, we have the "Color" section.…
We'll click on the light grey color here.…Now, for the "Z," I'll select a nice orange.…We'll select the "O" and paint it green.…The second "O" will be blue,…or light blue.…The "P" will be...…let's say pink.…Okay, now, let's select the canvas,…and paint it,…well, let's see.…
Let's paint it red.…We'll select the springs,…and I'll select those from the "Nodes" window.…It's easier to select the entire group this way.…And we'll paint those, mm, let's see,…let's make it yellow.…Okay.…Next, we have the rings.…We'll paint those in a light brown,…or something of that sort.…Okay, and last, we have the trampoline body itself,…
AuthorRan Ben Avraham
Note this is a project-based learning experience, designed for members who are already familiar with RealFlow. Each step of the process is rich with lessons applicable to the variations that motion design artists will face in the real world.
- Importing geometry in RealFlow
- Setting up dynamic types and world scale
- Rearranging objects in 3D space
- Simulating soft bodies
- Speeding up and slowing down simulations
- Animating, lighting, and rendering in Maya
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Shape Animation in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 57m Intermediate
1. Importing and Preparing Geometry in RealFlow
2. Setting Up the Dynamic Type of Different Objects
3. RealFlow's World Scale
4. Rearranging Objects' Locations in the RealFlow Scene
5. Soft Bodies Simulation
6. Multiple Simulations
7. Slow-Motion Simulations
8. Overview of Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.