Join Ran Ben Avraham for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding gravity to the scene, part of RealFlow: Soft Body Simulation for Motion Graphics.
- All of our mesh objects are positioned in space…where we want them, and we are definitely ready…for simulation.…Let's hit on the Simulate button.…And, I'll pause the simulation at this point.…We can tell that the simulation is running…because we see the timeline is painted yellow…and being calculated,…but nothing happens.…Nothing went wrong here.…Everything is actually working as it should,…but still we don't see any action on the screen.…
The reason for that is very simple.…First, let's reset the simulation here.…We'll hit the Reset button.…And yes, I want to Reset.…The reason we don't have any simulation action going…on the screen is that there is no dynamic force…that will cause the letters to fall down.…That dynamic force would naturally be the gravity.…So, we need to add gravity to our scene.…To do that, we'll go to the Daemons tab.…It's right next to the Geometry on the left.…
Okay, and we'll select the Gravity node.…The big green G we see in the center of our grid…tells us that gravity is present in the scene…
AuthorRan Ben Avraham
Note this is a project-based learning experience, designed for members who are already familiar with RealFlow. Each step of the process is rich with lessons applicable to the variations that motion design artists will face in the real world.
- Importing geometry in RealFlow
- Setting up dynamic types and world scale
- Rearranging objects in 3D space
- Simulating soft bodies
- Speeding up and slowing down simulations
- Animating, lighting, and rendering in Maya
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Shape Animation in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 57m Intermediate
1. Importing and Preparing Geometry in RealFlow
2. Setting Up the Dynamic Type of Different Objects
3. RealFlow's World Scale
4. Rearranging Objects' Locations in the RealFlow Scene
5. Soft Bodies Simulation
6. Multiple Simulations
7. Slow-Motion Simulations
8. Overview of Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.