Join Ran Ben Avraham for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a barrier for the letters, part of Soft Body Simulation for Motion Graphics with RealFlow.
- View Offline
- All of our mesh objects are set to perfection…as far as I'm concerned.…Only problem left here is that the letters…bounce out of the canvas area and actually fall down…and will continue on falling forever.…So once again, we are called to cheat a little,…and this time, we'll bring back the top border…which is, again, hidden.…I'll mark the top border node, and hit the shortcut,…"Ctrl+Shift+H" to un-hide it.…
And, let's pick up here.…If we'll switch to the top view by hitting "1"…with the notepad, you can see that all the letters…are inside the perimeter of the top border,…which will stop the letters from falling…outside the canvas area.…Once again, our letters has jumped to different locations,…so let's bring those back.…This one as well.…"Ctrl+Z" and "Ctrl+Z"…Switch back to the perspective view…by hitting "4" on the notepad,…and we'll need to bring this one…to its original position again,"Ctrl+Z".…
OK. Now, let's mark the top border.…And to see things bit more clearly,…let's hit "8" on the notepad to switch…to the Wireframe view.…
Note this is a project-based learning experience, designed for members who are already familiar with RealFlow. Each step of the process is rich with lessons applicable to the variations that motion design artists will face in the real world.
- Importing geometry in RealFlow
- Setting up dynamic types and world scale
- Rearranging objects in 3D space
- Simulating soft bodies
- Speeding up and slowing down simulations
- Animating, lighting, and rendering in Maya
- Compositing in After Effects