Join Ran Ben Avraham for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a barrier for the canvas, part of RealFlow: Soft Body Simulation for Motion Graphics.
- At this point, I would like to give the Canvas…a little bit of external help.…And to do that, I would like to add a barrier…that will stop the edges of the Canvas from going too far.…And to do that, we'll need to use one of the measures…we have imported into Realflow in the first lesson…and that are hidden.…And that will be the Bottom_Border.…Let's Un-hide it by hitting the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+H,…and there it is.…
Let's switch to the Top view…by hitting 1 on the notepad.…And let's switch to the Wireframe view by hitting 8…on the notepad.…And if we zoom in a bit, we can see that the Bottom_Barrier…is in charge of the edges of our Canvas.…It won't stop the Canvas from caving in…in the center,…but it would stop the edges from falling down too much.…And if we switch to the Side view, by hitting 3…on the notepad, we zoom in a bit,…we can see we have actually no distance…between the Canvas and the barrier.…
So, we'll need to actually create some distance there…because we do want the Canvas to fall down a bit.…To do that, let's go to the Node section…
AuthorRan Ben Avraham
Note this is a project-based learning experience, designed for members who are already familiar with RealFlow. Each step of the process is rich with lessons applicable to the variations that motion design artists will face in the real world.
- Importing geometry in RealFlow
- Setting up dynamic types and world scale
- Rearranging objects in 3D space
- Simulating soft bodies
- Speeding up and slowing down simulations
- Animating, lighting, and rendering in Maya
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Shape Animation in After Effectswith Eran Stern2h 57m Intermediate
1. Importing and Preparing Geometry in RealFlow
2. Setting Up the Dynamic Type of Different Objects
3. RealFlow's World Scale
4. Rearranging Objects' Locations in the RealFlow Scene
5. Soft Bodies Simulation
6. Multiple Simulations
7. Slow-Motion Simulations
8. Overview of Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.