In this video we introduce you to Yarn, a recently introduced package manager by Facebook. We first install Yarn using npm and then add a dependency for the next course using it. This package manager leverages your Node's package.json file and installs the dependencies like npm, but at a much faster rate.
- [Male Instructor] Before we move on, I want to…introduce an optional package manager that we'll use…over NPM for the rest of the course.…Facebook Engineering created Yarn, a package installer…that works just like NPM and uses your package.json…file to install dependencies.…So, why would you want to use Yarn instead of NPM?…It is much faster, but also has a lot around…versioning dependencies and security going under the hood.…It has been built in collaboration with the community,…and along with Facebook and Google.…So, let's go ahead and install that.…
So, go to YarnPKG.com and once you get to this website,…click on Install Yarn, then depending on the operating…system that you have, you can click on Windows,…Linux, and then see the install instructions here.…And then go ahead and do them.…For us, we're going to do it with Homebrew…and let's go ahead first and make sure that…we have Homebrew installed.…So, if you don't have Homebrew,…go to Brew.SH, and then on the official page,…you can just simply copy that line here,…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/01/2018. What changed?
A: We updated 13 videos to reflect the changes in the latest versions of Meteor (v1.6) and Node.js (v8).
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.