Learn about Yarn, a recently introduced package manager by Facebook. Install Yarn using NPM and then add a dependency for the next course using it. This package manager leverages your Node's package.json file and installs the dependencies like NPM, but at a much faster rate.
- [Narrator] Before we move on,…I want to introduce a tool that will replace NPM.…Facebook engineering recently introduced Yarn,…a package installer that works just like NPM…and uses your package.json file to install dependencies.…So, why would you want to use Yarn instead of NPM?…It is much faster, but also has…a lot around versioning dependencies…and security going under the hood.…It has been built in collaboration with the community…and along with Facebook and Google.…So, from this point on, we will use Yarn…to install packages as opposed to NPM.…
So, now we're in the terminal here.…So, if you're on Windows, you're going…to use a command line and you absolutely need…to be in the root folder for installing dependencies…as we test it afterwards.…But, for installing Yarn, we're going…to install it for the entire computer.…For the Windows folks, you need to do Windows + X…on your keyboard, and then it's going…to open the power user interface…and then launch the command line interface…as an administrator.…
So, for the Mac folks, we're going…
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Meteor Application Developmentwith Isaac Strack1h 52m Intermediate
1. Setting Up
2. React Refresher: Basic Player View
3. Reduce Player Stats
4. Players CRUD and Team View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.