Progressive Web Apps combine the programming of the web with the experiences of native applications. In this video, learn how and where PWAs are used.
- [Instructor] Think about the way that you use the web … on your phone or other mobile device. … You probably surf the internet using a web browser, … but you also likely download native applications … that can be installed on your device. … Things like weather, email apps, … or social media apps like Twitter or Instagram. … A Progressive Web Application … can work on lower-speed networks, and it's installable. … In other words, … a PWA is an application that's like a mobile website … and a mobile app all in one. … …
- Creating a PWA component
- Fetching data with React hooks
- Running the build with npm scripts
- Auditing your app with Lighthouse
- Going offline
- Installing the PWA with Chrome and Safari for iOS
- Deploying your PWA on a hosting provider
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are PWAs?
2. Setup: Create React App
3. PWA Tools
4. Understanding PWA Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.