Learn how to use Relay containers and add viewer queries to them.
- [Instructor] In this video,…we're going to add Relay containers to our profile…and TicTacToe containers.…This will allow us to start to access the data…in our Relay store.…There are two steps we need to take to do this.…The first will be to specify our viewer queries…in our routes file.…A bit of background on Relay…if you're not sure what I'm talking about…when I say viewer queries.…Let's navigate to our graph.cool playground…and see what our Relay schema looks like.…We can see it here on the right in Docs.…Traditionally, a relay schema will be organized…around a central query, which is called viewer.…
One way of thinking about this is by imagining…that every query a user will make through our site…is defined by who they are, or who the viewer is.…This way of organizing your data is especially useful…for applications which want to ensure…that users only have access…to certain pieces of information.…React Router Relay asks that we specify…which query each route will need…so that Relay can ensure that their information…
- Installing local dependencies
- Generating a starter project
- Deploying to Heroku
- Planning your development process
- Using styled-components
- Styling for mobile
- Setting up models on Graphcool
- Creating Relay mutations
- Adding Relay to your authentication flow
- Protecting routes with authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Deployment Environments
3. App Functionality
4. Implementing Libraries
5. Creating Components
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.