In this video, Emmanuel Henri provides some details on where to find the exercise files and how to use them. Each video has a start and end state of the application, and can be used accordingly to follow along.
- [Instructor] To get to the exercise files, on the course page, simply click on the tab named Exercise Files. Then download the zip file. Then simply extract the zip file and move the folder to your desktop. So what you do with the exercise files, you simply open the folder and then get to the chapter we're on. So let's say for example, chapter two. Then get the exercise files from 0202 if we are in that video, and then the start state or the end state. So basically, when we start the video or when we end the video where the files are.
So to use them, what you do is go inside of your code editor. So in this case, I'm using Visual Studio Code. And then Open Folder, and then let's get, for example, two like so. So let's do the start, and then you open that, and then you do an NPM install just to make sure that you have all the dependencies installed, so let's go and view the terminal. So click on View, Integrated Terminal or use the shortcut here.
And then do an nmp install to install the dependencies, and once this is all done, do nmp start, and you're good to go. So please keep in mind that sometimes the code is a work in progress, and if you run NPM run start or yarn start, the application won't run and may return an error. So this is expected and won't affect your ability to follow along.
- Setting up Flow and ESLint
- Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)
- Protecting against cross-site scripting (XSS)
- Avoiding cross-site request forgery (CSRF)
- Solving problems with JSON Web token (JWT)
- Creating API end points
- Auth0 files, code, and routes
- Finalizing app and feed components
- Securing API files
- Finalizing API security