In this video, Emmanuel Henri provides some details around where to find the exercise files and how to use them. Each video has a start and end state of the application, and can be used accordingly to follow along.
- [Instructor] To get the exercise files, go on the course page, and simply click on the tab named Exercise Files, then download the zip file. Then, simply extract the zip file and move the folder to your desktop. Once you have that, you can click on the exercise files and go to any chapters or videos that we're on and click on the end or start state and use those files where we're at. So once you're in that directory, you can simply do an MPM install, or a yarn to install all the dependencies.
Let me demonstrate just to be sure. Okay, so let's open VS code, and inside of VS code, click on Explorer, Open Folder and then go in the exercise files of the chapter we're at. So let's take 202 for example, let's pick up the start state and open up that folder and then like we're going to do many times in this particular course, go to View, click on Integrated Terminal or select the shortcut here.
So once you have your terminal open, you're automatically in the right folder. So you can simply do MPM install, or if you'd like to use yarn, you can simply do yarn and it's going to install all the dependencies that are required for that specific chapter. Okay so once all the dependencies are installed, you can simply do MPM run, start. Or, do yarn start and your project will start like so.
- Setting up React with CSS modules
- Navigating the directory structure
- Adding components to an app
- Using CSS syntax with components
- Leveraging other styles
- Using grid components
- Developing interactions and responsiveness
- Implementing media queries
- Combining styles