Learn about how to use the exercise files and the proper setup per folder.
- [Instructor] All premium members have access to the exercise files which will help you get up and running quickly. To get them, simply click on the tab named Exercise Files, then download the zip file. In your downloads folder, or the folder of your choosing, extract the zip file. Feel free to use these files whenever you get lost in the video or if any bug shows up in your code. To use the files, you'll need to find the folder that corresponds to the movie that you're watching, and then run a few commands.
So, for the Mac folks, the best way to do this is to right-click, copy, and then go into terminal, and then do cd, paste, and you will be on the right path. So, in order to install what you need to install for npm its npm install, and then if we're further down the road you can use yarn as well, and then do meteor. So, what I'm going to do is do npm install.
Since we're at two two, and then you run meteor. For Windows folks, what you need to do is go to the movie you want to copy and then in the File Explorer, click on the path of the file at the top of the window. Copy that, and then in your command line interface, do a cd and then paste the actual path. And then everything else is the same as what we just did here. So you would do npm install, or a yarn and then do meteor, and then everything would run the same way it's running here.
- Setting up your editor
- Understanding the file structure and player components
- Setting up static data
- Routing with React
- Creating a schema and player form
- Building functions to add a player
- Adding a user login
- Assigning players to the user
- Securing database transactions
- Editing and deleting players
- Using Chart.js to display team stats
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/01/2018. What changed?
A: We updated 13 videos to reflect the changes in the latest versions of Meteor (v1.6) and Node.js (v8).